Monday, January 26, 2009

Operation: NameChange - Phase III

I am super happy to report that I have made a ton of progress on Operation: NameChange! After receiving my new Social Security card in the mail, I headed to the DMV last week to get a new drivers' license. Going to the DMV is never a pleasant endeavour, but if you go early enough you can get in and out quickly enough. I went right when it opened and after about an hour, I walked out with a brand new license and a brand new identity! Ok, not so much a new identity, but at least a new name. I went next door to deal with the car title and registration, but they said there was no need to change names on those documents (at a savings of $65). Nice!

I spent a couple of hours phoning credit card companies and going to the banks, so that's all done too. I haven't changed my Canadian stuff yet, and I think I'm going to hold off on that for now. Passport Canada says it will take 4 weeks to process a new passport, but since I'm probably traveling out of the States in March, I don't want to chance it. So that'll be Phase IV, in a few months.

But, here in the US, I'm pretty officially Dr. Michelle Tien-Yee Yeh! Woot woot! Check it out:

Identifying information excluded, of course

No comments: