Sunday, October 7, 2007

OFT No.3 - The Magnificent Mile

This week's OFT was not that exciting, we just went downtown to the "Magnificent Mile" which is a major shopping strip on Michigan Avenue. As with pretty much everywhere in Chicago, there is neat architecture to be seen, such as the Hancock building. But, that deserves its own post - preferably after we have gone on one of the architecture river cruises. I'm just waiting for my Chicago Architecture Foundation membership to kick in, hopefully before it gets really cold.

So not much to report, OFT-wise. Shopping isn't quite the same with Brian as it is with my usual partners in crime (you know who you are) - it's generally a lot quicker and more goal-directed. Saturday we did some research on a winter jacket for Brian, and I finally bought a jewelry box, something I have been looking for forever. Just so that you are not picture-less, here is a photo of it. I was looking for something modern and sleek, which this totally isn't, but it has all the room I needed and actually fits in pretty well with the orange walls of our bedroom. It's kind of charming though, I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

when are we gonna get some OFTs involving food? or bacon? mmm!

Brian said...

Stay tuned! Bacon ships Oct 9...

Miche said...

I know, it's unlike us to not be posting about food, right? To be honest, I am having trouble adjusting to a real work schedule, so our meals out are not so notable these days. (Like we go somewhere close to home on Friday nights, or grab something next to Trader Joe's when we're out shopping.) But... hopefully that will change soon, and/or we'll have some homemade adventures too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, am I one of those "partners in crime" you so mysteriously referred to? More importantly, did you get to use your FB coupon?!?